Follow me on FACEBOOK
Follow me on FACEBOOK

maandag 12 augustus 2013

Surf Party - Bobby Vinton



This is the one of the first and I would say one of the best of the surf movies of the 60's. Bobby Vinton, Patricia Morrow and Jackie DeShannon are on their way to a fun weekend beach vacation, where they meet the whole gang. The other teens can't act (or sing, or dance) but they all look great in bathing suits and there's buff guys and gorgeous girls for everybody to enjoy, especially Patricia Morrow. As we all know, these kinds of movies are not dealing with reality...but it's fast and campy (if you see a good print like I did),very campy, but some of the acting just isn't there. The songs are actually one of the highlights of this film and the dialog is (I assume) purposely laughable. The music is what really attracted me to this picture. My favorite groups were The Routers and The Astronauts. The Routers played, "Crack Up" featuring the prolific composer and film producer, Michael Z. Gordon. Gordon also produced, "Let's Go" by the Routers and wrote and produced, "Sufer's Stomp" and "Out Of Limits by the Marketts. The Marketts soundtrack album was one of the best surfing albums which I still play to this day. Most of this film was relegated to chasing beautiful girls around in their bathing suits. Still it was a lot of fun!


Surf_Party.avi

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

 

ROCK ON ! Design by Insight © 2009